As an Expert Witness we can assist Defense & Plaintiff’s Attorneys and Government Prosecutors with the assessment, preparation and testimony for cases related to Online Securities Trading Technology & Marketplaces. We have solid experience not only with cases involving Patent Infringement, but also the many issues related to Securities Law Compliance including:
• Sales Practices
• Best Execution
• Deceptive Advertising
• Performance Measurement
• Electronic Communications
• Written Supervisory Procedures
• Price & Volume Reporting
• Proper Registration & Licensing
• Borrowed Securities
We can help you prepare for depositions with insight relating to financial technology, securities law compliance, and complex valuations.
Expert Witness Testimony
In the federal courts, judges determine the credibility of expert witnesses in a pre-trial hearing known as a Daubert hearing (Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals). The Federal judge will consider the witnesses’ qualifications and may consider information that is not admissible as evidence.
Before trial, all experts must prepare a report summarizing their analysis and conclusions, and share the report with all other parties, which allows other parties to effectively cross-examine the expert.
Expert testimony is not limited to matters beyond the understanding of the ordinary juror. Instead, experts may testify on any subject within their area of expertise so long as their testimony will assist the jury.
Expert Witnesses Testimony Rule 702
A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:
- The expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;
- The testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;
- The testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and
- The expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.
Copyright &Trademark 2004-2018 Registration Number: 3257358, 3347108